Tuesday, December 13, 2005

i don't want to lose my audience, so i figure i better keep updating, even if it's boring.

my camera is being looked at, i'm supposed to call and see if it can be fixed, but i keep putting it off because that's going to be a difficult conversation over the phone. i'm going to try and get to that later today.

if i did have my camera i would post a picture of this sweet spider bite i got today. it's right on the side of my wrist and it's really big. from teh right angle it kind of makes my wrist look broken. the bugs have also taken a liking to my face over the past two nights, i'm just trying not to scratch.

i really have nothing but mundane details to update, which is why i prefer pictures.

-today i went to the pharmacy. after that i went to buy a cake for the maid/nanny's birthday. i was very proud of myself for mangaing to explain that i didn't want the whole thing so could they please cut it into a medium sized cake but then redcorate it to look like a whole cake. also in the works for today is a trip to the monstrous mall nearby, because i need socks. exciting, eh? i might also buy another bathing suit.

-yesterday i went to the beach out near praia dos flamengos, which is on the north side of town. a bunch of teachers at the american school live out there. the beach is gorgeous there and since it was a monday it was nice and empty. the lifeguard told me i was a very good swimmer ( i said, uhhh, thanks i've been swimming since i was about 4 or 5 so i hope i'm okay) and that he owns a surfing school at another beach and so debbie (girlfriend of nate, a teacher at PanAm) and i should come out and take lessons. if my burn is gone by later this week i think i will. i can't stop thinking about jellyfish while i'm in the ocean though; i don't know if i'll make a good surfer.

Okay, that's all. I'll take suggestions on things anyone would like me to write about.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

praia dos flamengos

do they pronounce that praja in salvador

sheila said...

is that a spanish or an american "j" ?

Anonymous said...

oh american,
argentine spanish j is an american j sound though f y i)

Anonymous said...

Sheila... I miss seeing your face. Seriously. And hearing your laugh.. and how you get angry at the way I say "legs and eggs and kegs." and how you say "horrENdous." I guess I'm just missing you. And it looks like my trip to Brazil might be foiled. I just bought a new car and my insurance is through the roof. : ( Stupid DC.

-you know who I am

Anonymous said...

Ew, bugs.

DIE BUGS DIE!

(yeah, I need sleep...)

sheila said...

@ e n ...interesting.
argentinian spanish sounds easier then. maybe i'll head there after brasil, haha ...except i'm serious.

anyway, no, pronounced pry-ah here. i thought that you fala português todo dia, rapaz.

and amy, that makes me sad, should you not have thought about insurance before you bought the car? and that's a lame excuse because a) i hear there are cars for lease there for $79 a month, and b) you don't pay rent and c) you make a "salary" now. all you need is less than 1/30th of it to come visit me :o)

and annie, i'm glad alison has cats, they hunt the cockroaches and keep them from touching me. i wish i could train them, like dogs, to hunt mosquitoes too. that would be perfect.

Anonymous said...

I can't find a darn spider, bug or anything under these " 8" of snow!!!!!!!!!...for that matter I can't find a place to poop either. Kelsey and I were just jumping around in the stuff and she was trying to catch a screeching blue jay...your Mom was taking pictures.
We miss you...