Thursday, December 08, 2005

:-(

Well, it looks as if this blog will either be switching to writing or going on a break for a little while.

My camera fell from a height of about 5 feet onto a ceramic floor, and it landed right on the lens. The lens itself isn't broken, but everything around it is. The metal/plastic surrounding it is smooshed, the little metal parts that hold the lens cover, and the cover itself are in a few pieces. It also makes a funny rattling noise when I shake it. I'll try and find somewhere to take it to see if it can be fixed, because I sure can't do it myself. It looks like it's going to be hopeless though.
I'm really mad, I guess at myself since there's no one else to be mad at.

Soooo my beloved parents, I guess you know what I could use for Christmas now... though I have no idea how it would get here; Alison is already taking back a bunch of electronics and there's a limit on the dollar amount. And cameras here are ridiculously expensive.

:o(

Please leave your condolences for my camera in the comments section.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh too bad about your camera! Since I like seeing pictures...I'll see what I can do about seeing if Mom & Pop Claus can help the situation!
Snowed 6" or so last night...aren't you yearning for just a little bit of the white stuff??

sheila said...

i'd take one snowy day to enjoy...but then i'd like to go back to sunny and warm right after that. just wait till february, when it's beeen snowing for months.

Anonymous said...

it lasted almost a year

Anonymous said...

Okay- condolences for your camera:

I was so sorry to hear about your constant companion, your camera. God knows you've been through a lot together.That rattling noise must scare you half to death! I do hope the poor thing can be fixed,but sometimes,as hard as it is, we just have to say goodbye. I'll keep your camera in my thoughts and I hope that everything turns out as you wish. If there's anything you need, please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Man, if I wasn't coming in May I'd volunteer to smuggle one in for you. May is a long time to wait for a camera. :(

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila,
I was talking to your mom and she told me about your camera...what a shame! Maybe it happened because you really need a new one. I love your blog. Have a good time. Keep in touch I will give Laura and Brian your address so they can write to you.

Take care

Anonymous said...

ok dont call me lame or anything but I seriously just spend about an hour reading your post hauhuauh j/k I miss ya .. are you going to Be in Bahia in July? I will be so dont leave hauhahuau j/k I miss you! Take care and be careful of the kinds trying to eat your food! hauhahu
Danny

sheila said...

danny from vitoria? danny who i haven't talked to in well...years? where are you? how's life?? did you ever end up going to Belo Horizante? email me and update me! ( eela88@yahoo.com)