Sunday, May 21, 2006

Moving in with the Burns'

Last week I moved out of Alison's condo, and into a house with the Burns family. They are also from Michigan, recently transferred here by Ford, and they'll be here for 3 years. They've been nice enough to be my surrogate family for the next couple of weeks.
These two pictures are from our first dinner together, on Easter.

Terry and I:
Terry, Me, Lindsey, Mike:


Lindsey and I changing a tire on the side of the road in the rain. Probably the first females in Brasil to do so:


My bathroom:


My bedroom:
The patio:

A piscina:

part of the backyard:

the dryer!:


A house in the neighborhood:



The view out my window:



The house across the street:



Julian visiting for the day, my face looks weird, but it kind of matches Ju's:


Ju and I making weird faces again, his always look much cuter, imagine that:


Out to dinner in Arembepe (north of Salvador) on the beach:


The view from the table:


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheila! You look gorgeous in these pictures (strange faces aside)... I can't wait to see you!!!! Your hair has gotten so freakin' long. Man! Have fun your last couple of weeks and for goodness sake go out dancing!

Leo said...

Sweet little pad. It seems someone is stepping up in the world.

Did you happen to get my secret "return of sheila" message. Hmmm...I think we both know the answer to that one.

Hmmm...

Techno said...

A DRYER! I share your joy. :D

Anonymous said...

Now coming home will be a step down instead of a step up! What a gorgeous place.
Sorry we don't have a pool, but the sprinkler is still a lot of fun. And our dryer is A-OK too. We miss you and can't wait till you get home. Don't get too used to servants.

Anonymous said...

Burnses

sheila said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.