Sunday, April 02, 2006

Buzios

Better late than never... here are pictures of the second half of my Rio trip. Davey, Kristy, and I headed north to relax for a few days outside of the city.

I'm starting to get a little bored with the beach, but Buzios was a good change of pace. I bet it's still cold in Michigan:

Our rental car/buggy. My favorite part about it was when some guy on the street asked me if Davey had bought his driver's license in the US since he couldn't manage to even turn around:


Statues of three fishermen:



This stray dog was sweeeet. And not in the nice way. He looked like a wolf, with scary blue eyes which you can kind of see. If I didn't think he would eat Julian, I would have tried to bring him back to Salvador:



Some, uhhh.....beach scenery:


me:


Kristy enjoying a comfy night's sleep on her clean pillow, above the spotlessly clean floor in the wonderful Mediterraneo Pousada:

I really made a great choice with this pousada. It even had air conditioning:



Davey demonstrating how delicious the stains on the bed were:


Me and my best friend, Off Plant-Based Insect Repellent:



The best part about the room was how excited we would get when we left:



The only picture of the three of us from the entire trip:



No caption necessary here, i think:


By the end of the trip Davey was really getting into the Brazilian men, and vice versa:


JK and I waving to the crowds. We may have gotten a little carried away with all the statues:


I took this shot during the one minute of sunshine on Sunday:


My favorite tree. Very Dr. Seuss-esque:



And my second favorite dog in Buzios. He spent all day just laying on the beach, doing absolutely nothing except being old:


I found this Sunday night, thank God we were leaving the next morning. Seriously, is it supposed to be cute? Whimsical? I'm just not feeling it:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

APRIL 27. GET EXCITED.

Anonymous said...

oi doida-
be wary of davey....