Tuesday, January 24, 2006

i really haven't much to say lately, things here just seem so normal and everyday that it doesn't feel like there is anything exciting to update on. but, i'll try.

starting with my package...still waiting, waiting, waiting. waiting has become the story of my life in brasil. wait for the bus. wait for a ride. wait for people to decide what their plans are. wait for students. and on and on and on. my patience is really getting tested here.

my latest exciting news is that three people are actually going to be coming to brasil for sure. which means they've bought tickets and have dates set.
first, heidi is going to be moving to southern bahia (my state) to teach in early february.
and davey and kristy are going to be flying into rio in march, where i will somehow meet them. i don't think we'll spend the whole time in the city, i'm going to plan a couple nice side trips to some smaller towns and possibly islands. (amy, do you remember the name of the poussada in paraty?)

okay i could write more, but i just don't have the motivation. sorry guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't happen to remember the name of the poussada but I remember where it is. he he. does that help? Actually, you should email Noel, she's the one that made the arrangements. Do you have her email? Do you remember the "caldeirão" that I did my dance in front of? And that incredibly scary paper mache doll hiding in the dark? Good times. *sigh* I wish I was a part of the list that’s coming to Brazil to visit. But alas, I’m a loser. Oh, and no Sheila.. Falsely accused – t’was not me that left the last anonymous post.

sheila said...

i too remember where it was, but not the name. and of course i remember all that weird stuff, i've got pictures. i also remember my big luxurious bed and your small puny one.

Techno said...

I'm coming to Brazil in May/June, but not up your way.

Anonymous said...

hey sheila- it's heidi again. i'm still in lansing though my flight was supposed to leave last night. i just got my passport back from the consulate today. i resched my flight for saturday so i'll be there on sunday now.
anyhow, i'm pretty sure the name of the pousada in parati was estrela do mar.
hope that helps. my sister and justin are coming to visit in april or may and we'll likely go there too.